Thursday, January 6, 2011

First Entry

About a year ago Joel and I started asking God to bless us in an amazing way. Right from the beginning Joel knew something big would happen in October. We figured it was a job change of some kind.

The beginning of October came and it was increasingly difficult to keep my skepticism at bay. However, by mid-October I knew I needed to give my notice at work. For what I didn't know and in this economy it seemed plain irresponsible but when God speaks, he doesn't stutter.

So we left for a mission's trip to Nigeria knowing I'd need to leave my job shortly after our return. It was our last day in Nigeria that we finally got confirmation that I was pregnant. What an incredible change. October 30... Joel was right. Something big DID happen in October.
I gave my notice within my first week back, by the next week Joel had a second job that he was sure was God's answer to our question about finances. A week later God had sent a second car and opened a home for us to move into. PHEW... we're still recovering.

The last month has mostly consisted of work and travel for the holidays. Lots of time with family and friends and of course morning sickness... all day.

As Joel gets used to working a much more rigorous work load, I'm preparing the house for our move at the end of this month.

For those of you loved ones who are a little far to be around for our first pregnancy, here's a blog. I'll do my best to update it once a week.



No comments:

Post a Comment