Wednesday, March 16, 2011

It's Jumping!

This morning I woke up to a gloomy drizzle outside. Next thing I know Joel's bringing me tea and letting me know he built a roaring fire downstairs. Nothing beats a slow starting morning with a warm fire and time to meander through your thoughts. As I sat enjoying the pace of life I became increasingly aware of a rumbly in my tumbly (I'm already beginning to quote Winnie the Pooh as I get ready to have a fan of kids shows in the house). The baby has definitely picked up movement strong enough for me to feel and it's a little bit of a second nature now to feel it as it wakes up or goes to sleep throughout the day.

Today though the baby had a distracting amount of energy. I looked down at my stomach as a mere reaction to all the twisting and turning and was surprised to see my stomach twisting and turning right along with the baby! I sat for a good 5 minutes just watching the baby try to get comfortable as he/she poked and prodded my stomach in various directions. It was amazing!
At one point I put my hand slightly to the side and felt a very distinct little foot kick into my palm. It gets me so excited for about 3 months from now when I'll be able to actually hold this little bundle of energy!

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you, Joel & Shan! Praying often for you & your precious little one... can't wait to meet your baby when we're back in the States in August! Love you guys! xo

    ReplyDelete